The DSL or Broadband light on my modem is on, but I can't get Web pages and/or email.
If your DSL or Broadband light is on, but you can't get Internet access, try these steps to troubleshoot the problem:
Check to confirm all your cables are securely connected, including all the phone filters.
A.Check your connections
B.Power-cycle your DSL modem and restart your computer
C.Check your Ethernet connection light
A. Check your Connections
Often times, problems with connecting to the Internet can be caused by a loose connection between your DSL modem and your computer or the phone jack. Check to be sure that all the cables (including all of the DSL phone filters) are connected in their proper ports, and re-connect them to be certain they are securely plugged in.
Another way to check your connection is to right-click on the connection center icon in the system tray and select Check Modem Connection.
Once you've checked and re-connected your cables and confirmed your modem is connected, try connecting to the Internet again.
B. Restart your Juno DSL modem and your computer
Many times your modem will simply need to be turned off and restarted (power-cycled) in order to re-establish connection to the Internet.
- Shut down your computer.
- Turn off your DSL modem by turning off the power (for wireless modems) and unplugging the AC power cord.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds to one minute
- Turn on your DSL modem by plugging back the AC power cord and and turning the modem on, wait for it to go through its internal setup until the Power and DSL/Broadband lights are green and steady.
- Turn on your computer, and try to reconnect to the Internet.
C. Check your Ethernet connection light
If your Ethernet light is off:
Check the physical connection from the modem to the Ethernet card. Be sure that the Ethernet cable is correctly and securely plugged in.
If the Ethernet light on your modem is on (green):
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- From the View menu, choose Network.
- Choose Built-in Ethernet from the Show/Configure pop-up menu
- Click the TCP/IP tab, if necessary.
- Choose Using DHCP from the Configure pop-up menu.
- Click Apply Now.
- Open a Web browser or other TCP/IP application to test your connection to the Internet.
If you've tried all of these solutions and still are unable to connect to the Internet, please contact our customer support at 1-800-654-5866.
- If you have a firewall program on your computer, it may not be configured correctly. Disable the firewall and see if the issue is resolved. If disabling the firewall corrects the issue, please re-configure your firewall settings to allow Juno DSL.
- Check the system for spyware and viruses.