How do I use the Juno DSL Email Alerts?
The new Email Alert displays notify you of new emails by showing a small window on your desktop. The alert will tell you how many new emails you have, and will show who sent them, as well as the subject.
Clicking on the alert will take you directly to the message. You do not need to have Message Center already open.
By default, the email alerts are set to check for new messages every five minutes. You can change how frequently your messages are checked, or turn off the email alerts at any time.
- Right-click on the Juno DSL icon in your systray.
- Click on Email Alert Settings.
- Uncheck the box next to Display Email Alerts to turn off the email alerts. Leave the box checked to have email alerts displayed (this box is checked by default).
- Click on Show Advanced Settings.
- If you want a sound to play when a new email comes, check the box next to Play a sound.
- Click on the Alert should appear for drop-down menu to set how long the alert will stay on your computer (from 2 seconds to a minute).
- Click on the Check for new Email every drop-down menu to select how often Juno DSL checks for new messages (from 1 minute to 60 minutes).
- Click on the Account Info tab, then type your email address and password in the boxes. Click OK to finish.
You can also turn on or off the email alerts without going to the Email Alert Settings window. Open Connection Center and click on Display Email Alerts to add or remove the check mark. A check mark means the alerts are turned on and no check mark means the feature is turned off.