Can I still access my accounts, Address Book, and email messages from Juno 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0? (Juno 5.0)
Yes, if you install a new version of Juno over your existing version of Juno (this means that you install both versions of Juno in the same folder on your computer), you will still have access to all your Juno accounts and email folders from the new Juno version.
If you install a new version of Juno in a different folder on your computer (thereby maintaining two separate copies of Juno), you will be able to access only your Juno accounts; not your Address Book or email folders from the new Juno version (unless you save and then import them to the new version). To avoid having to import your Address Book and email folders, we recommend installing the new version of Juno over your existing version.
As a precaution, we also recommend that you save copies of your Address Book and stored email messages before you install a new version of Juno.
How do I?
Save my Address Book
Save my email messages and folders
Saving your Address Book in Juno 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0
Each Juno account on your computer has its own USERxxxx folder. This USERxxxx folder stores your Address Book, and also your Email messages and folders. Before you can save a copy of your Address Book, you have to know the name and location of your USERxxxx folder. Once you have identified your USERxxxx folder's name and location, you can backup your Address Book by creating a copy of the file and moving it to a different location on your computer.
To find your USERxxxx folder:
- Click the Windows Start button, point to Programs, point to Juno, then click Juno System Information.
- A text file will appear that contains information about your computer's resources and files that Juno needs to function. Scroll to the section labeled [Juno Users]. This section contains the name and location of the USERxxxx folders for each Juno account on your computer and will look like this:
- In this section, find the line of text that contains the user name for the account whose Address Book you want to back up.
For example, the line could look like this:
In this example, your USERxxxx folder name is USER0002 and it is located in the Juno subfolder of the Program Files folder on your computer.
- Write down the location of your USERxxxx folder (which is the text after the equal sign) on a piece of paper. For the above example, you would write C:\Program Files\Juno\USER0002.
To back up your Address Book:
- Make sure you exit Juno.
- Use My Computer or Windows Explorer to locate your USERxxxx folder on your computer. If you need to, refer to the location you previously wrote down.
- Open your USERxxxx folder. Included in your USERxxxx folder is a file called addrbook.nv. This file is your Address Book. Select the addrbook.nv file.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Copy.
- Paste this file into another location on your computer. For example, you can paste it on your desktop, or you can create a specific folder to contain it.
To restore your Address Book to your account:
- Use My Computer or Windows Explorer to locate the Address Book file you previously saved. This is the addrbook.nv file.
- Select and copy the addrbook.nv you had saved.
- Locate your USERxxxx folder. If you need to, follow the previous procedure, "To find your USERxxxx folder," or refer to the location you previously wrote down.
- When you locate your USERxxxx folder, paste the addrbook.nv file in your USERxxxx folder.
- A box may appear asking if you want to replace the existing file. If you are sure that you want to replace your existing Address Book with the Address Book you saved, click Yes.
Saving your Email messages and folders in Juno 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0:
You can save your Email messages and folders by backing them to another folder on your computer or on to a disk. If you need to, you then can restore the exported folders to an account by importing them.
To save your Email folders:
- Go to the File menu and select Export Folder.
- In the Export Folder window, select the folder you want to export and click OK.
- In the second Export Folder window that appears, click the Save in arrow to select the folder you want to save them in.
- In the File name box, type the name of the folder and click Save.
- A box will appears telling you where you are exporting the folder to. You may want to write where you saved your Email folders and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for each folder you want to save.
To import your saved Email folders in Juno 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0:
- Go to the File menu and select Import Folder.
- On the Import Folder screen, click the Look in arrow to select the folder where you saved them.
- Click the Files of type arrow to select Juno Mail Folder Files (*.frm).
- Select the folder you want to import and click Open.
- In the Import Folder window, type the name of your folder in the New folder name box and click OK.
- A box will appear confirming the import. Click OK.
- Repeat steps 1 through 6 for each folder you want to import.