I just upgraded my Juno software and now my Address Book and email folders are missing. (Juno 5.0)
If you just installed a new version of the Juno software and cannot find your Address Book or email folders, it is probably because you installed the upgrade into a completely new folder instead of installing it over the existing version of Juno on your computer.
First, you will need to determine if you installed the new version of Juno in a different folder.
To determine if you installed a new Juno version in a different folder:
- Click the Windows Start button, point to Find, and click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type juno.exe,and then click Find Now. Juno.exe is the file that runs the Juno software. If you find more than one copy of the Juno.exe in the list of found files, then you installed Juno in more than one folder on your computer.
Please write down the location of the folder that contains the older version of Juno (the location is listed in the In Folder column). For example the location could be C:\Program Files\Juno. To determine which file is the older version, check the date in the Modified column or double-click each file to open Juno. It is important that you write down this location, because you'll need to reinstall Juno in this folder.
We recommend that you install new versions of Juno on top of your older versions of Juno, so if you found two copies of the juno.exe, you will need to reinstall Juno in the existing Juno folder. Once you reinstall Juno in the correct folder, you will be able to access your Address Book and email folders from your new Juno version. If you received new mail that you want to save since installing the new version, you can forward the messages you want to save to your email address. Once you reinstall, you can download them again.
To reinstall Juno:
- If you downloaded the Juno software from the Web, double-click the junoinst.exe to start the installation. If you have the CD-ROM, insert the CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive.
- The Welcome to the Juno Setup Program screen will appear. Click Next to continue.
- The Choose Destination Folder screen will appear. Under Destination Folder, click Browse.
- In the Choose Folder window, type the location that you previously wrote down of the folder that contains the older version of Juno in the Path box.
- Click OK and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
|Juno Free Service|