Common Connection Errors / Solutions
Error 619/628: The port is/was disconnected
There may be several causes for this error.To resolve the issue follow the steps below:
A. Restart computer
Try shutting down and unplugging the computer for 1 minute. Restart the computer and try to connect to Juno again.
Note:If you have an external modem with a separate power cord, once the computer is shut down, unplug the modem power for 1 minute, plug the modem back in, then turn on the modem and restart the computer before attempting to dial again.
C. Verify modem settings.
- Go to the Apple menu, select Control Panel and choose Modem.
- In the Modem window, choose your modem from dropdown menu (Such as Apple Internal 56K Modem.)
- Change the Sound and Dialing preferences as needed.
- Make sure the box next to Ignore dial tone is NOT checked.
- Go to the File menu and select Quit. If you are asked to save your changes, click Yes.