Common Connection Errors / Solutions
Error 619/628: The port is/was disconnected
There are several causes for this error. To resolve the issue follow the steps below:
A. Restart computer
In most cases, restarting your computer will correct this problem.
- Click the Windows Start button and select Shut Down.
- Select Restart.
B. Try every available local v.90 and v.92 access numberNote: If you are subscribed to Juno's Toll-Free service please skip to step C.
If you have multiple access numbers available, try every number in the list. Remove each number from the list upon failure. Both v.90 and v.92 numbers should be tested. If both are not available, a long distance number may be used temporarily to see if this resolves the issue.
If the problem persists, try changing the access numbers you currently use to connect.
- Double-click the Juno icon on your desktop.
- On the Welcome screen, click the Settings button.
- On the Welcome to Juno Setup screen, click Locations.
- The Dialing Location screen will appear. If you are modifying an existing Dialing Location's phone numbers, make sure the Dialing Location is selected, and click Modify.
- The Set Up a Dialing Location screen will appear. From here you can modify your dialing number, and set various dialing options.
- If needed, modify the area code and phone number from where you will be dialing.
- You can rename your Dialing Location (such as Home, Office, etc) in the text box if needed.
- If you want to disable call waiting check the option Yes, otherwise, select No.
Note: You must have call waiting on your phone to select Yes. If you click Yes, you must specify what extra numbers must be dialed to disable call waiting. This is filled in as *70, but your telephone provider's method may be different. Please call your operator for more information.
- If you need to dial a number to reach an outside line, click the circle next to Yes, otherwise leave it at No.
Note: If you click Yes, you must specify what extra number must be dialed to reach an outside line. By default this is set as 9, but your telephone provider's method may be different. Please consult your phone provider for more information.
- If you need to dial any custom prefix or suffix to your dialed numbers, click Advanced to bring up a screen to enter these numbers.
- To proceed, click Continue.
- The Select Access Numbers screen will appear.
- Make sure the box next to View access numbers from another area code: has your current area code filled in. If not, click the box and select your local area code.
- Your current selected numbers will appear on the list.
- To remove numbers from your list, uncheck the box next to the unwanted number.
- To add numbers to your list, check the box next to the desired number.
Note: You should contact your local phone company to confirm that the access numbers you selected are all a local calls. To search for a local access number in your area, please visit our Web site at http://my.juno.com/s/numbers.
- If your number requires you to dial a 1 first, click the box under the column Dial '1' next to your selected number.
- If you want the area code and phone number dialed, click the box under the column Area Code next to your selected number.
- When you are finished, click Continue.
- The Congratulations screen will appear with a summary of the numbers you selected, and how they will be dialed.
- If you need to make any changes, click Back to return to the Select Access Numbers screen. If everything looks correct, click Finish.
WARNING: THE USE OF SOME TELEPHONE ACCESS NUMBERS MAY RESULT IN LONG DISTANCE CHARGES. IN SELECTING YOUR ACCESS NUMBER(S), PLEASE NOTE THAT ALTHOUGH AN ACCESS NUMBER MAY BE IN YOUR AREA CODE OR LOCATED IN YOUR GENERAL GEOGRAPHIC REGION, IT MAY NOT NECESSARILY BE A LOCAL NUMBER FOR YOU. YOU MAY INCUR SUBSTANTIAL TELEPHONE CHARGES IF YOU CHOOSE ACCESS NUMBERS THAT ARE NOT COVERED BY YOUR LOCAL CALLING PLAN. WE URGE YOU TO CHECK WITH YOUR TELEPHONE COMPANY TO FIND OUT WHICH NUMBERS ARE LOCAL FOR YOU BEFORE USING A NUMBER FROM THIS LIST.
Note: You are solely responsible for all telephone charges related to accessing our services. Juno will not reimburse you for any such charges, including long distance or toll charges.
Note: These access numbers will automatically be saved for the next time you log on to Juno.
- Select your Member ID, enter your password and click Connect to log on to Juno.
C. Uninstall and reinstall modem
Sometimes simply uninstalling and reinstalling your modem can resolve connection difficulties.
To uninstall your modem:
- Close all programs that might be using your modem.
- Click the Windows Start button, point to Settings and select Control Panel.
- Double-click the Modems icon.
- Select your modem from the list and click Remove.
- Click Close.
To reinstall your modem:
- Shut down and restart your computer.
- When you restart your computer, Windows will automatically detect your modem and launch the Add New Hardware wizard.
- Follow the wizard's on-screen instructions to reinstall your modem. If Windows cannot find the necessary drivers for your modem, please contact your modem manufacturer.
D. Configure modem
If your modem is not configured correctly, you will not be able to connect to the Internet. Complete the following steps to check your modem configuration:
- Click the Windows Start, button point to Settings and select Control Panel.
- Double-click the Modems icon.
- Select the Diagnostics tab.
- Click the Com Port listing your modem.
- Click the More Info button.
- If your modem is configured correctly, it should display port information. Click OK to exit.
Note: If you receive an error message you will need to configure your modem. This may require you to reinstall your modem drivers and/or configure your modem settings. If this is the case, you should contact your modem or computer manufacturer for information on configuring your modem. If you are on a LAN (Local Area Network), contact your Network Administrator for assistance.
- Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Dial-Up Networking icon.
- Click once on the Juno icon to highlight it.
- From the File menu, select Properties.
- Select your modem from the Connect Using drop-down menu.
- Click OK. Close all windows before attempting to dial Juno again.
|Juno Free Service|