Common Connection Errors / Solutions
Problem starting Juno
If you are receiving an error stating "Problem starting Juno," it could be due to another program conflicting with Juno, or a corrupt install.
Let our new Connection Wizard pinpoint your problem!
The Juno Connection Wizard is our newest help tool. Download it today to identify and resolve many common issues that may prevent you from successfully connecting to the Internet.
To use the Juno Connection Wizard, you will need to have a Windows Operating System (other than Windows NT) running on your computer. If you cannot download the Juno Connection Wizard from your computer, simply download it onto a diskette from any computer with Internet access and then install it on the computer you would like to fix.
Click here to download the Connection Wizard.
Please follow the steps below:
A. Reboot your computer
Sometimes a simple reboot will fix the problem. To do this:
- Click the Start button and select Shut Down.
- Select Restart.
- Launch Juno after Windows restarts.
B. Disable Background Programs
If rebooting did not help, you may need to disable any programs running in the background (usually found in your system tray in the lower-right hand corner). To do this, please try the following:
- Press and hold the Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys at the same time.
- A window appears listing all of the programs running on your system.
- For every program EXCEPT Explorer and Systray, click once on each program listed to highlight it, and then click End Task.
Note: Each time that you click on the End Task button, you will have to press and hold the Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys to bring the Close Program window back up.
- Try your Juno connection again. If this resolves the problem, close Juno and restart your machine. Repeat the above steps, clicking End Task for only one program at a time. Each time you use End Task, try your Juno connection again. If you encounter the error again, you will know which program is creating the conflict.
C. Reinstall Juno
If your problem persists, you should uninstall and reinstall the Juno software.
Click Here for instructions on how to preform this process.