|My connection seems slow |
A slow or sluggish Internet connection (i.e. your emails download slowly, or Web pages take a long time to load) can be caused by several problems. Please try these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
- Restart your Satellite modem and your computer
A poor Internet connection can often be resolved by turning off and restarting your modem (called power-cycling):
- Shut down your computer
- Turn off your Satellite modem by unplugging the power cord.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds to one minute.
- Plug back the power cord on your Satellite modem, and wait for it to go through its internal startup sequence.
- Turn on your computer, and try to reconnect to the Internet.
- Interference with the Satellite Signal
Your satellite dish needs a clear, unobstructed view of the southern sky to receive the satellite broadband signal. If there is some sort of interference (such as a tree or building) you will need to either remove it, or have your dish moved to a location offering a clear view of the southern sky.
Bad weather (such as heavy rain, thunderstorms or snow storms) could also interfere with the satellite signal, resulting in poor performance and slow connection speed. If there is a storm in your area, please wait until the weather clears, then you should once again have normal connection speeds.
- Check for VPN connection
If you use VPN connection with the Satellite broadband, you may experience speeds up to 50 - 75% slower than normal. Disconnecting your VPN should return speeds to normal.
If you've checked all of these and still are unable to connect to the Internet, please contact our customer support at 1-888-213-9093.
|Juno Free Service|