How do I back up my files?
Note: For Norton 2013 product information, please click here
When using Norton 360™ Online Backup for the first time, you will need to configure your backup settings:
To backup your files:
- Start Norton 360™ Online, mouse over the Backup section and select Manage Backup Sets.
- Create your Backup Set by clicking on the dropdown menu next to Backup Set Name and selecting DefaultSet. If you wish to rename it, click the Rename backup set link on the right. To create a new set, click on the Create New Backup Set link.
- Click on the What tab to select which files you want to backup in this Set (i.e., if you created a Backup Set called Pictures you would put a check mark next to Pictures). Click Save Settings when done.
- Click on the Where tab to specify where you want to backup your files. The default location C:\, however, if you want to backup your files to an external drive, select that (note: the external drive must be connected to your computer before you run the backup process). Click Save Settings when done.
- Click on the When tab to select when to run your backup. Click on the dropdown menu and choose between Automatic (Recommended), Weekly, Monthly, or Manual. Click Save Settings when done.
- Start Norton 360™ Online, click on the Backup section, and select Run Backup Now.
- The backup process will begin. If you are backing up to an external drive, be sure to connect it to your computer before you begin the backup process.
- You will see a summary of the number of files backed up when the backup is complete. Click Close when finished.