How do I run Disk Optimization?
Note: For Norton 2013 product information, please click here
Before running a Disk Optimization, Norton 360™ Online recommends you exit all programs.
To run Disk Optimization:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Task Manager.
- Click the Applications tab, select the first program on the list, and then click End Task.
- Repeat this step for all programs on the list, except for Norton 360™ Online and Internet Explorer.
- Start Norton 360™ Online, mouse over the PC Tuneup section and select Run Disk Optimization. Depending on how many files you have and the size of your hard drive, optimization could take several minutes.
- Once disk optimization is completed, you will see a summary of the results. Click on Close to finish.