How do I schedule a scan?
Note: For Norton 2012 product information, please click here
Use the Task Scheduling settings to have Norton 360 examine your system automatically for security and performance issues. You can specify when and how often Norton 360 performs those examinations. You have the following options for scheduling security and performance scans:
Your computer's performance is maximized if you schedule your critical operations to occur when your computer is idle. When you schedule your scans weekly or monthly and check the Run only at idle time option, Norton 360 scans your computer when it is idle. Symantec recommends that you check Run only at idle time to experience better performance of your computer.
- Automatic (Recommended): Examine your PC for security and performance issues whenever your PC is idle. This setting provides the maximum protection.
- Weekly: Examine your PC one or more times each week for security and performance issues. You can pick the days of the week and the time of day on which the scan performs.
- Monthly: Examine your PC once each month for security and performance issues. You can pick the day of the month and the time of day on which the scan performs.
- Manual Schedule: Do not perform a scheduled security or performance scan of your PC. If you choose this option, you should perform manual security and performance scans of your PC periodically to maintain protection.
To schedule security and performance scans:
- In the Norton 360 main window, click Settings.
- In the Settings window, click Tasks Scheduling.
- On the Scheduling tab, under Schedule, select an option. When you click Weekly or Monthly, you must select the time and day to run the automatic tasks. You also have the option of specifying that the automatic tasks must run only when the PC is idle.
- Click Apply.
- Click Close.