Filtering Unsolicited Email - Microsoft Outlook Express 4.x
Outlook Express can be configured to filter your email as it comes into your Inbox. You can use this feature to place email from certain people into specific folders. This feature is especially useful for filtering out unwanted email.
- From the Tools menu, select Inbox Assistant.
- Click on the Add button.
- In the Properties window, type in the criteria that you want the incoming messages to match.
- Under "Perform the following action," check the box next to the action item that you want.
- Click the folder, person or file that you want to send the matching incoming messages to.
- To change the priorities by which messages are sorted, click the Move Up or Move Down buttons in the Inbox Assistant dialogue box.
- To add more to this list, repeat steps 3-6 listed above.
- Click OK when you are finished.