How do I run the Parental Control wizard?
Please make sure that you've already logged on as the Supervisor, and then follow these steps:
- In Norton Internet Security, click User Accounts.
- Click Parental Control Wizard link.
- Select whether to use existing Windows or Norton Internet Security Accounts then click Next.
- Enter the Password and click Next.
- In the Create Accounts window, use the blank boxes to type in the names of the people who will share the same PC, then click in the drop-down list box next to the names to specify whether that person should be treated as a:
- Child: Has limited access to the Internet but can't change account settings.
- Teenager: Has access to more content than the child status but can't change his own settings.
- Adult: Has full access to the Internet and can change settings for his own account but not for anyone else.
- Supervisor: Has full access to the Internet and the ability to change others' settings and turn Parental Control off and on.
- Click OK, then click Next.
- When prompted, set a password for each user/account you set up in Step 5 and click Next.
- Select the account that Norton Internet Security should treat as the default account, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
If you need any further assistance, please click here for a list of available support options.
How do I log in as a Supervisor?
What is Parental Control?
How do I enable Parental Control?
How do I turn off or Disable Parental Control?
What are the different levels of restrictions?
Return to Frequently Asked Questions Menu