Creating a New Sort & Delete Setting (Platinum and Juno MegaMail members)
If you're using Juno's new Message Center, please click here
A new feature of Email on the Web for Platinum and Juno MegaMail members is the ability to use Sort & Delete Settings to assign specific actions to incoming messages. These actions allow you to move messages to folders, delete messages, or send a copy of a message to a folder. Click here to sign up for Platinum or MegaMail and have access to Sort & Delete Settings.
To create a New Sort & Delete Setting:
- Click the Email Features link within Email on the Web.
- On the Email Features screen, click the Sort & Delete link.
- The Email Features: Sort & Delete screen will appear, displaying your current Sort & Delete Settings, if any exist.
Note: The image displayed below will not be displayed if the Sort & Delete option is being used for the first time.
- Click Create to add a new Sort & Delete Setting.
- The Create Sort & Delete Setting screen will appear.
- Type a name for your new Sort & Delete Setting in the first box.
- Select a condition that will trigger your new Sort & Delete Setting from the dropdown menu under When I get a message with this condition.
|It is from
|From a certain address*
|The subject is
|With exact text in the subject line*
|The subject contains
|Contains certain text in the subject line*
|The subject starts with
|The first word in the subject is*
|The subject ends with
|The last word in the subject is*
|I am the only recipient
|Only your email address is in the To: line
|I am not the only recipient
|More than one email address is in the To: or Cc: lines
|It is not sent directly to me
|Your email address is not in the To: line
|It is addressed to
|The To: line contains a certain address*
|The text contains**
|The body of the message contains certain text*
|It has attachments
|The message has an attachment
|The size [in KB] is larger than
|The message is larger than a certain size*
**NOTE: If you select the text contains in Step 2, this may cause delays when signing into Email on the Web while your mail is processed.
- Certain conditions require you to fill in the text box to the right. See the examples above for details.
- Once you complete a condition, select an action from the dropdown list under Then, do this.
Move it to folder
|Moves a message to a specified folder, such as Junk Mail
|Junk Mail folder
|Copy it to folder
|Sends a copy of a message to a specified folder, such as Important Records
|Important Records folder
|Moves a message to the Trash folder
- If you choose Move it to folder or Copy it to folder, click the dropdown menu that says Select a Folder to choose a folder where your message should go. If you choose Delete it, the folder will be greyed out since deleted messages are always sent to the Trash.
- When you are finished, click the Save button. To cancel your changes, click Cancel.
- The Email Features: Sort & Delete screen will appear with your new Sort & Delete setting on the list.
Back to the Main Menu